Friday, May 20, 2011

Bui's Super Sweet Sixteen

I am currently staying with my good friend Meredani and her family. Meredani and I use to teach together at St. Bedes. She is brilliant, and so am I, so it is no wonder we made such a great duo! Her daughter, Bui, turned sixteen this year (in feb) and we/Meredani decided to celebrate with a huge feast. Some neighbors and friends joined us. We had 3 kinds of meats and tons of fruits and veggies with cake for desert. The night was capped off with grog drinking until 3 in the morning. (Bui did not drink grog. She is too young.)

I was able to display pictures. Thank you internet cafe and your high speed service!

Making brooms.

Waiting on the palm fronds to make brooms.

Bui's super sweet 16! Bui is in the middle with the brown shirt.   


1 comment:

  1. Hi Shenan,
    I am glad you are alive and having an interesting time, if not always enjoyable. Bella's garden has been planted but it did not come up so I bought new seeds and planted them. I will have to tell her because when the beets start having beans, she will know anyway.
    I had two tables of bridge here yesterday, I won first and the jackpot for making a slam.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete