Monday, May 23, 2011

Witchcraft Protection and River Clams

I am heading to Lau tomorrow. This morning, to help me prepare Dani and the kids gave me a special plant to eat in order to ward off evil spells. They folded the leaves in a particular way and had me chew them up, suck out the juice and then swallow the remaining bits. Now if people hate me and try to witchcraft it won't work. It is like garlic to a vampire. I am safe. To be extra safe, Dani is giving more to take as soon as I get to Lau. I hope it last at least 2 months. You never know what kind of crazy powers people have and you can never be too safe.

Also, the other day we went swimming in the river. Over the river is a bridge that we jumped off. After a good amount of jumping, diving, sychronized jumping, and catching things in the air, we played tag. Then we started playing "Who Can Touch the Bottom." The bottom turned out to be a gold-mine of clams. We collected tons of clams to boil and eat. Consider me a hunter. I can collect and scavenge for my own food.

I tried to post pictures but again the internet speed isn't fast enough. I think it is only going to get slower from here. . . as I am moving more and more remote. here is the best pic I can give of what I look like:    :)       I hope you like it. My tan really is getting good! Did you notice???

1 comment:

  1. You look very toasty and very content. Be careful, we need you back in one piece without evil spirits. Keep us posted, have fun.

    ReplyDelete